Monday 23 February 2015

Unofficial Gossip

I saw her sitting chatting to another.  I walked up confidently and re-introduced myself.  I hadn't seen Julie for years, maybe five.  It was a long time.  I kept her amused asking about her job, her travels her family and personal memories of the last time we shared time together.  She had no qualms in answering me honestly.  She kept her inquisitive thoughts to herself.
We spoke for only a few minutes.  I reminded her of the last time, which was also the first time we met!
A few weeks later I spoke with Pat, a good friend of mine.  She laughed and said she had met with Julie a few days after I chatted with her.  Julie had been flabbergasted I had remembered so clearly about Julie's life in detail after only meeting her once.
I sat slowly still grinning.  I hadn't realised I recounted Julie's life in detail in only a few short minutes.
I didn't need to tell Pat, for she already knew!  All these years Pat has kept me up to date with Julie's life.  Pat has told me in minute detail all of Julie's travels, her job interviews and the positions she had been successful in.  I knew about her relationships and her friendships.  I felt like a good friend of hers, even though we had met only once.

Maybe Julie thinks I just have a fantastic memory but Pat and I know I've had a relationship with Julie all these years without her even knowing!
Pat rolled her eyes and said, "Oh, did I tell you about my cousin Ron and what he's up to now?"
My eyes sparkled with mischief, "Is there more news?" I queried....

Image result for photo of women gossiping

No comments:

Post a Comment