Monday 9 October 2017

Sleepless Nights

After digging in the garden most of the today I decided we would watch a 'nice movie' on Netflix.  Merv delights in his action packed movies but they're not for me.
"Oh, this looks good."  I remarked as I clicked on, 'Our Souls at Night'.  Starring the fabulous Jane Fonda who looks good at any age and Robert Redford who continues to have the cute boy look even his rather weathered features!
I was taken aback when Addie (Jane) knocks on Louis' (Robert) door and makes him an unusual  proposal.  She merely says she is lonely and presumes he is also.  Both their partners have died.  She proposes they sleep together for company not sex.  She says it is difficult to sleep by herself.
The story progresses with them giving it a try and continues with a healthy relationship growing between them.
I suddenly remembered a good friend of mine stating many times she is often awake most of the night.  She lives alone.  My thoughts then centred on the times I am alone in my own house.  I have security and my phone lies next to my bed but I find it difficult to sleep in an empty house.  Logic doesn't come into it.  If an intruder entered our house at night what could Merv do to protect himself or me?  Absolutely nothing.  What would Mel do? Maybe send me a text message?  She often texts me in the morning to see if I'm awake.  I sleep alone in my room I just know the presence of my loved ones in the same settles me into sleep.
So if my housemates are no good with a baseball bat, why does their presence give me a sense of security?  I gave this much thought.  Is it the presence of trusted loved ones?  Is it a spiritual sense?  I don't know.
Then a rather weird thought.  Maybe all the sleepless singles could pair up and have sleep overs ensuring a good night's sleep?  It's worth a thought!


Image result for photo friends sleeping together

No comments:

Post a Comment