Tuesday 11 December 2018

Enjoying the Day

There are days which just merge into the next.  It happens to most of us at one time or another whether it's home life or the monotony of a job.  If you work for money it comes with the promise of holidays, a change of pace. If you work at home you hope and wait for a break.
I know couples who have never been apart.  They live together, holiday together always ensuring they are never apart not even for a day or night.  It's sweet but it's not me!
Recently I had the opportunity to have every Wednesday to myself.  A support worker visits Merv between 10:30am - 2pm to feed him his lunch and provide one to one support.  It's a done deal.  A whole day every week where I can choose what I'd like to do.  Yes, I know it's sounds rather selfish, but it's my day.
My very first Wednesday I caught the train to Perth with Melanie.  We shopped, we checked out new shops in the city.  We bought lunch and ate it enjoying the view from a picnic bench at tourist spot Elizabeth Quay.  We had a great day.  Every Wednesday is a different story and that's just the way I like it.  Wednesday is my day.

Christmas Tree in the city

Elizabeth Quay in the city

No comments:

Post a Comment