Wednesday 1 August 2018

Doing the Dance

The last month of winter is upon us and soon we'll be seeing vibrant colours in the garden, enjoying warmer days and wearing less clothes.
Time for a bit more shaping up.  Mel and I have joined the community gym.  We have tried all types of gym classes;  Zumba (which Mel enjoys but not me), ABT (abs, butt & thighs) which I can just about master.  I have done a few classes in Tai Chi which I enjoyed.  My sister and I have done a few Pound classes (complete with plastic drumsticks) and a couple of Step classes.
There is a problem.  We all have a genetic flaw when it comes to balance and for me my brain and my legs work quite well together but my brain and my arms have absolutely idea how it should work with the footwork!  Therefore I work on the old saying, 'Fake it until you make it,' which in theory  is great but it doesn't look so good on the gym mat.  Oh well.
Our weight loss adventure began months ago with early, very early 5:30am walks which came to a halt with the change of weather and winter keeping us inside and me still in bed.  After that it was the excitement of the 'Little Book of Big Weight Loss,'  which had us inspired and helped with a few bad habits.
I asked Mel a month ago if she wanted to join the gym.  She had lost her inspiration with weight loss and from her previous experience she enjoys the routine of the gym and the easier classes.  Mel even booked a personal trainer for mid August.  Good for her.
Last night I'm flipping through my latest edition of Better Home & Garden magazine.  There is an article about yet another diet plan.  I roll my eyes but I'm already sucked in and I read the blurb.  I tilt my head as I'm thinking.  Yep, it's just another version of the Atkin's Diet.  Memories past return and  I remember I had renamed it the Constipation Nightmare.  I shudder and snap close the magazine.
Enough diet fads, I have the info, I know what works, I know what I need to do.  Do it I will.

Image result for healthy food pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment