Wednesday 24 October 2018

Should I Go or Should I Stay?

There are times when a decision is needed.  A decision which turns around in your head, a cranial torture chamber.  You think and think some more.  You ponder, you weigh up the odds before laying your cards on the table and betting for a good outcome on the decision finally made.
It really shouldn't be a difficult choice
Mel is going on a three day/night getaway with a group of girls in the south-west.  A perfect opportunity for me to sneak away and enjoy a bit of peace and quiet.  I hummed and hawed, I found a B & B and pressed the button.  I'm booked.
I know if I stayed I'll pull up the weeds in the back garden.  I can't believe how much energy my weeds spend on growing bigger and more prolific than my plants.  There are armies of them in my garden.  I slaughter them and they come back for full revenge!  Enough about weeds and my dirty windows.  It's time to pack a small bag and drive to my refuge.
The community service staff are geared up to spend more time with Merv while I'm away.  I am forever grateful for NDIS who provide Merv with fifteen hours social support per week.  He is so isolated choosing to stay in his room all day.  I am happier knowing I can enjoy the rest of my day while they keep him occupied with singing and playing games.
There will be little opportunity to sneak away after this opportunity.  This time of the year we all seem to be busier and choices are not always available.
Yes I'm going and I'm going to have a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment